HIRING: UX Research Consultant for Leeds
Join SimpleUsability, a leading behavioural research agency with a focus on user and customer experience. Based in Leeds, we run research studies across websites, mobile apps, voice UIs, and more. We also provide training, strategic workshops, consultancy and expertise to our clients throughout the user-centred design process.
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced UX Research Consultant to work across Retail, FMCG, Financial Services, Public Sector, Health and many more. Our projects are tailored to our clients’ needs and objectives, so you’ll be working on several different types of projects every month. As a UX Research Consultant, you’ll be providing expertise to clients, designing and running complex research projects. There will also be an element of training and coaching the team. You’ll be based in our offices in central Leeds, with some opportunity to work directly from client premises.
If you’re an expert UX researcher with the ability to plan, conduct, analyse and report across a variety of UX research methodologies plus a sound understanding of which methodology to use, we’d love to hear from you.
- 3+ years of commercial experience as a behavioural researcher including UX research
- Degree in Psychology, HCI, Digital Design, Computing or other relevant subject OR relevant commercial experience.
- A strong understanding of and passion for user centred design principles.
- Strong facilitation & moderation skills with extensive experience of qualitative research methodologies such as in-depth interviews & usability testing.
- Ability to think creatively and design bespoke research studies to meet a client’s objectives.
- Knowledge and experience of running UX research across multiple platforms
- Experience of designing and running collaborative workshops.
- A talent for translating research findings and metrics to actionable insight through recommendations to inform design or business strategy.
- Experience of leveraging existing data e.g. web analytics, consumer insights to create hypothesises and inform study design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confidence to work with and influence senior stakeholders & support clients with UX research strategy.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering UX research as part of an Agile delivery team an advantage, working with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Slack, Trello.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Delivery of research projects ranging from low to high complexity.
- Leading project kick-off & managing project delivery.
- Research study design and definition.
- Expert moderation / facilitation of qualitative research.
- Lead UX research project analysis.
- Deliver and ensure UX research project quality.
- Deliver results & lead discussions that influence project stakeholders.
- Design & run strategic workshops.
- Conducting training of existing processes and onboarding of new UX researchers.
- Support the team with expert knowledge.
- Delivering projects to run UX research as part of a client’s delivery team (which may involve working from their premises).
Why work for us?
- Work with an awesome team and awesome clients!
- Fascinating and varied work.
- Working with brand leaders, start-ups and big players across multiple sectors.
- Flexible working.
- Bright airy offices with collaborative and creative workspaces.
- Supported personal development with the opportunity to progress.
- You’ll be encouraged to play an active role in driving the business forward.
How to apply:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing this role, with your CV and a few notes about what makes you tick.