HIRING: UX Design Consultant for Leeds
Join SimpleUsability, a leading behavioural research agency with a focus on user and customer experience. Based in Leeds, we run research studies across websites, mobile apps,voice UIs and more. We also provide training, strategic workshops, consultancy and expertise to our clients throughout the user-centred design process.
We are looking for an experienced UX Design Consultant with a passion for user centred design (UCD) to work across Retail, FMCG,Financial Services, Public Sector, Health and many more. Our projects are tailored to our clients’ needs and objectives, so you’ll be working on several different types of projects every month. As such you’ll need to be a UX all-rounder, with the capability and desire to work across many aspects of UX especially research and solution design. You’ll be based in our offices in central Leeds, with some opportunity to work directly from client premises.
If you’ve been working as a UX Designer / UX Architect / UXPrincipal / Service Designer and have the ability to create UX design solutions as well as plan, conduct, analyse and report across a variety of UX research methodologies, we’d love to hear from you.
- 3+ years of commercial experience in a UX role such as UX Designer / UX Architect / UX Principal / Service Designer.
- Degree in Digital Design, HCI, Psychology, Computing or other relevant subject OR relevant commercial experience.
- A strong understanding of and passion for user centred design principles.
- Facilitation & moderation experience of qualitative research methodologies such as in-depth interviews & usability testing on multiple platforms.
- Experience in designing UX solutions across desktop & mobile.
- Ability to define and clearly document design solutions through process flows, site maps, wireframes and prototypes etc.
- Strong working knowledge of UX design tools e.g.Sketch, Axure, Proto.io, inVision, Adobe XD etc.
- Experience of designing and running collaborative workshops.
- A talent for translating research findings and metrics to actionable insight through recommendations to inform design or business strategy.
- Experience of leveraging existing data e.g.research findings and web analytics, to inform UX solution design.
- Ability to think creatively and design bespoke research studies to meet a client’s objectives.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confidence & knowledge to support clients with UX strategy, to work alongside and influence senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering UX research as part of an Agile delivery team an advantage, working with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Slack, Trello.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Leading project kick-off & managing project delivery.
- Research study design and definition.
- Expert moderation / facilitation of qualitative research.
- Lead UX research project analysis.
- Deliver and ensure UX research project quality.
- Create UX design solutions through wireframes, prototypes and UI design.
- Deliver results & lead discussions that influence project stakeholders.
- Design & run strategic / design workshops.
- Design for tenders, proposals, presentations and reports.
- Support the team with expert knowledge.
Why work for us?
- Work with an awesome team and awesome clients!
- Fascinating and varied work.
- Working with brand leaders, start-ups and big players across multiple sectors.
- Bright airy offices with collaborative and creative workspaces.
- Supported personal development with the opportunity to progress.
- You’ll be encouraged to play an active role in driving the business forward.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
How to apply:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing this role, with your CV and a few notes about what makes you tick.