HIRING: Senior UX Designer
Join SimpleUsability, a leading behavioural research agency with a focus on user and customer experience. Based in Leeds, we run research studies across websites, mobile apps, voice UIs, and more. We also provide training, strategic workshops, consultancy and expertise to our clients throughout the user-centred design process.
About the role
As a Senior UX Designer at SU, you will be a key member of the UX Design team helping deliver UX and UI design work to clients in both the public and private sector.
You’ll also help shape our UX strategy and processes, lead junior designers, and be a key member of agile teams delivering projects: crafting the user experience, making design decisions, working closely with clients to understand their requirements, helping shape user research, and supporting front end developers with detailed UI design and documentation.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Senior design consultant on selected projects
- Managing the delivery of design work, working directly with the client
- Working on bids, pitches and client presentations
- Advocate for design within the group
- Working with user researchers to guide user research, assist in analysing findings
- Working collaboratively with internal and client project teams
- Lead and mentor junior designers
- You should already have at least 5 years of relevant experience working, preferably with some previous agency experience
- You should be able to demonstrate experience of working in a senior design role as part of an agile team to deliver great products and services that delight their users
- While running user research sessions is not a requirement for this job, having an understanding of user research methods, and having experience of working with user research, is necessary
- You should be able to talk eloquently about design principles and processes
- Be willing to contribute to bids and pitches with creative ideas and a concise writing style
- Experience of building design systems. Familiarity with the Gov.uk or NHS design system is welcome
- While front-end web development is not part of the job, knowledge of web design including HTML and CSS is beneficial
- Be comfortable working with Sketch or Figma, with Adobe Creative Cloud experience welcome
- A thoughtful designer with an attention to detail, a creative thinker, a problem solver
- Articulate, able to talk about the role and value of user-centred design with passion
- A lover of design, with a critical eye
- A portfolio of beautiful design work
- Supporting UX case studies exploring the process behind the work and the outcomes for users
- Attractive base salary
- Exciting career development in a fast-growing company
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Access to training and industry events
- Mac/PC it’s up to you
Our inclusive Culture
We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.
How to apply:
SimpleUsability is a CDS company.