HIRING: Junior UX/UI Designer
Join SimpleUsability, a leading behavioural research agency with a focus on user and customer experience. Based in Leeds, we run research studies across websites, mobile apps, voice UIs, and more. We also provide training, strategic workshops, consultancy and expertise to our clients throughout the user-centred design process.
About the role
As a Junior UX Designer at SimpleUsability, you will be a member of the UX Design team helping deliver UX and UI design work to clients in both the public and private sector.
You’ll join agile teams delivering digital projects: crafting the user experience, making design decisions, working with clients to understand their requirements, supporting user research, and providing front end developers with detailed UI designs and documentation.
We’ll support you with guidance and mentoring, plus access to training. As well as design skills you’ll develop an understanding of delivering quality user experiences within a multi-disciplinary team including designers, strategists, developers, researchers, testers and accessibility consultants.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Assist with UX and UI design on selected projects
- Managing the delivery of design work
- Working with user researchers to assist in analysing findings
- Working collaboratively with internal and client project teams
- While college graduates are welcome to apply, you should already have some relevant experience (up to 2 years) working as a designer
- You should be able to speak about design principles and processes.
- Having an understanding of user research methods, is valuable.
- While front-end web development is not part of the job, knowledge of web design including HTML and CSS is beneficial
- Be comfortable working with Sketch or Figma, with Adobe Creative Cloud experience welcome.
- A thoughtful designer with an attention to detail, a creative thinker, a problem solver.
- Passionate about user-centred design
- A lover of design, with a critical eye
- A degree or postgraduate qualification in Interaction Design, Digital Media, Graphic Design or similar. Feel free to apply if you’re graduating this summer.
- A portfolio of great design work that shows a clear, rigorous design process – not just eye-catching final images but how you got there
- Some evidence of understanding users’ needs
- Full permission to work and live in the UK
- Attractive base salary
- Exciting career development in a fast-growing company
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Access to training and industry events
- Mac/PC it’s up to you
Our inclusive Culture
We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.
How to apply:
SimpleUsability is a CDS company.