HIRING: Account Manager
Join SimpleUsability, a leading behavioural research agency with a focus on user and customer experience. Based in Leeds, we run research studies across websites, mobile apps, voice UIs, and more. We also provide training, strategic workshops, consultancy and expertise to our clients throughout the user-centred design process.
About the role
The SimpleUsability Account Manager is a key role within the CDS account development group. The role requires the successful candidate can demonstrate an excellent level of experience in working in the user experience, customer experience, and behavioural research sector – ideally with exposure to Digital, Content, Print, Technology and/or Marketing Services.
The role provides a mixture of support for the Senior Account Management and Account Director group with major clients across SimpleUsability, Research Helper and CDS, along with the direct management and responsibility for the Research Helper client portfolio which requires constant, focused engagement and nurturing for both service and commercial development.
Primary customer contact points are typically senior marketing stakeholders, insight teams, commercial leaders, communications specialists and digital / print / multichannel service owners who expect and require their Account Manager to have an intimate understanding of their business, their industry and marketplace, their business challenges and aspirations along with corporate strategy. The Account Manager should therefore understand how SimpleUsability (and the wider CDS service portfolio) support the client in achieving exceptional communications and experiences that fundamentally drive improvements to operational efficiency, agility, improved financial performance and an enhanced experience for their customer.
The role requires significant interaction with the senior CDS account team members, management and CDS leadership to develop and implement account strategies.
- Either be, or quickly become, familiar with SimpleUsability, Research Helper and CDS products and service offerings along with the benefits they offer to customers.
- Either be, or quickly become, familiar with SimpleUsability / CDS core customer sectors / target markets and their respective industry challenges, acting as an internal sponsor for that sector and a consultative advisor to clients in that space.
- To become deeply familiar with your assigned account portfolio businesses; strategy, objectives, structures and ways of working so you can add value to their business.
- To provide honest and inspiring advice to customers, current and future, on the services and solutions that would deliver business benefit to them, by matching the accountabilities above.
- To own the commercial targets for the role demonstrating accountability and best practice across all systems, business processes, sales data and forecasting.
- To ensure the CDS business units deliver the services they have been contracted to deliver to your accounts, and to represent the customers points of view in internal and external meetings.
- To deliver profitable projects and managed services from your accounts, that also deliver high levels of customer satisfaction.
- To work with your nominated Senior Account Manager / Account Director to identify and implement account efficiencies that support OneCDS objectives for all accounts to contribute double digit profitability.
- To balance achieving the revenue and profitability targets we agree for each account with ensuring the CDS team deliver a great service that delights our clients.
- To ensure timely, regular and effective communication between SimpleUsability, Research Helper and/or CDS and your accounts – to be our primary representative and first point of contact for your accounts – supported by a Client Services model.
- To be valued as an asset within your accounts, to be a valued member of their team as well as ours.
- To contribute to, and where relevant, lead on the production of tender documents, proposals, quotes and presentations that meet the requirements your accounts have set, and the quality levels CDS expect.
- To support CDS and our customers, performing other related duties as and when required.
Nature of work:
- Own and deliver against annual, quarterly and monthly commercial targets which may include revenue, contribution, service mix, consistency and retention.
- Liaise with clients to take, challenge and progress briefs across the operational pillars of the CDS business – Creative, Digital, Technology and Print.
- Work closely with the wider CDS operational teams to ensure customer satisfaction related to service delivery/support services across CDS clients.
- Maintain and distribute Management Information on work in progress, through-put and performance, supported by Client Services
- To develop ‘higher and wider’ client relationships within / across your nominated accounts. The nature of the work involves flexibility and innovation to respond to customer needs, often travelling to and from customer sites on a UK Nationwide basis to work with them to develop and agree solutions.
Main working relationships
- SimpleUsability Account Director
- CDS Account Development Group
- CDS Delivery & Operational teams
- CDS Client Services group
- Management & Senior Leadership Team
- A self-starter able to set and manage both personal and/or team goals
- Passionate for knowledge, as this is a fast paced, constantly evolving consumer driven / technology driven market
- Eager to build relationships with clients and colleagues alike
- Excellent strategy and leadership skills both internally and externally
- Ability to negotiate and sustain complex networking relationships
- Comfortable with collating, analysing and interpreting operational and financial data to support account development strategies
- A strong, honest communicator who possesses excellent verbal, listening and written skills
- Excellent on the telephone and with email applying the appropriate tone and representing CDS core values
- Excellent presentation skills – experienced in preparing and leading client presentations, stakeholder meetings and pitches
- Able to demonstrate consultative behaviour
- A strong organiser and super effective with time management, skill sets and CDS resource management
- Able to think quickly and make decisions within minimal referral / guidance
- Experienced in working with high profile clients
- Excellent with Microsoft – Teams, SharePoint, Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc
Whilst we provide a comprehensive education programme, 1-2-1 support, mentorship and access to personal and professional development through programmes such as the CDS Academy, LinkedIn Learning, PDP’s and Engage, the speed and direction of your progress will ultimately be in your hands.
- Competitive salary
- Exciting career development in a fast-growing company
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Health cashback scheme
Our inclusive Culture
We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.
How to apply:
SimpleUsability is part of the Bailie Group.