Build Your Voice UX Capability with SimpleUsability
It’s acknowledged that voice will become a more dominant input method in the coming years, with some predicting that voice searches will overtake keyboard searches by 2020.
As recognised pioneers in behavioural research and UX consultancy, SimpleUsability led the field in researching the user experience of websites and then apps and mobile sites.
We’re applying that same unique approach to improving the user experience of voice systems.
When you say Voice UX, what do you mean?
We mean the user experience of any system which uses voice or mimics a voice interaction.
That covers IVR systems, chat bots, voice assistants (think Alexa, Siri, Cortana), web chat and even optimising the experience of engaging with your customer service team.
How can you help?
We’ve researched whether existing IVR systems are fit for purpose and helped clients prototype new systems to explore if there’s a customer need for a proposed IVR flow.
We’ve delivered discovery projects to explore if customers would actually use voice to engage with a brand and once we understood that, we could move forward with finding out the most useful functionality to offer.
If you’re looking for a more strategic approach, we can guide you on creating a holistic voice proposition which works seamlessly across existing and potentially new channels and devices. Optimising the customer experience is just one aspect of this. Conscious of the comparatively high cost of serving customer enquiries through contact centres, clients also commission us to research channel suitability.
What services do you offer?
We partner with our clients at four key stages:
- Researching with end customers to determine what is the opportunity for your brand and business?
- Getting started
- We can facilitate internal workshops to align different business functions on the voice opportunity
- We can guide you on securing the invocation, the word or phrase users say to invoke and interact with your skill or action.
- Design & build
- Through an iterative process of building lo-fi prototypes and putting them into test, we can quickly get you to a fully formed solution, powered throughout by rigorous user evidence
- A final check before go-live.